Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Goals

Its officiallly summer, so this post will talk about my goals for the summer break. I got out of school last week but I was awfully busy to post then.

Anyway, so here are my reading and writing goals.

My reading goal for July is to work on finishing my 'To-Be-Read List,' I currently have six books on that list, not counting my current book, Warriors: Fire and Ice by Erin Hunter. I calculated that if I finish Warriors by Wednesday I can start on my list on Friday. If I read a chapter an hour from 10am to 12am the next day I can read about 15 chapters. That means I can finish each book in 1-2 days, maybe 3 if there are more than 30 chapters.

My August reading goal is to work on reading all of the other books I have and maybe review them. I doubt I'll be reviewing them all, since most of them are parts of a series, but I guess I can do something similar to what my friend Brooke does at her blog, Paper Mountain, The Wonderful Week of [name here]. I might do that for the Warriors series but I'm not too sure as of yet.

My July writing goal is to finish rewriting and revising my fanfiction, which I still haven't decided where I'll be posting it. Also, I've been working on planning out a new story, which will be about saving the Earth. I want to at least finish planning it out and starting the first draft for it.

My writing goal for August is to finish writing that save the Earth story I talked about in the previous paragraph. I guess that's about it.

I will be focusing on writing this month and August will be my reading month.

What are your summer goals?

1 comments:

Brooke R. Busse said...

I'm starting to love comment sections set up like this. XD

They sound like good goals. You could totally do six books in a month and I can't wait to hear about your new story.

Why did you delete your fanfiction.net account again?